Saturday, April 10, 2010

Yummy Smoothie

One of my most favorite snacks/breakfasts ever is a smoothie. I'm not talking about Jamba juice or something prepackaged. Sure, those taste good, but they are not MY smoothie! :) My smoothie is super healthy and super good....as long as you can get passed the color. Here's the recipe; try it, and don't judge a smoothie by it's look. :)
1 banana (it's a good way to use bananas that are getting too ripe)
1 cup spinach
a handful of frozen fruit (I use strawberries and peaches)
1/3 cup of apple juice (I use light apple juice)

Put it in the blender and enjoy! It really is amazing! :) You can try different combinations to find the taste that you like best (sweeter, more tart) it just depends on what fruit you use.

2 comments:

  1. I bought the ingredients for this smoothie, and I can't wait to try it! Welcome to the blog world!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stef, it's SO good! And I'm really excited about my blog. :) Do you have one?

    ReplyDelete