Thursday, April 22, 2010

The funniest session of yoga I have ever attended

Today in aerobics, Makayle and I both thought that we were going to drop over and die from exhaustion. We've both been going so hard with the triathlon, but we had to go to aerobics, because we'd used up all of our freebies, and there is NO way that we were going to get less than an A in aerobics!
So what we did today was cardio and yoga. Let's just say that we weren't nearly as energetic during cardio as we usually are. (That's a major understatement. haha) Then came yoga......ugh. Neither of us like yoga to begin with, but today it just seemed even more torturous. From the downward dogs to the altered tree poses, Makayle and I were just rolling our eyes. I mean, how do people get a workout doing yoga anyway? I can never feel anything while doing it, and yes, I really do try.
Anyway, when we got ready for our final relaxation portion of the workout, we were laying (lying?) on our backs and I made a motion to Makayle, like bringing my hands together while humming...I hope you understand what motion I am talking about, but anyway, it was really funny to her for some reason and she just burst into laughter. Then I started shaking with laughter. This continued for several minutes. We were both rocking on the floor, our hands over our mouths, in attempt (mostly successful) to not be loud. I mean, we were doing yoga, not to mention relaxation. (I'm just thinking of 27 dresses when they are doing yoga and they get shushed for talking....I wonder what would have happened if we had let our laughter loose....)
At one point I took a deep breath and got control of myself and turned back onto my back and closed my eyes, determined not to look at Makayle and make the most of the rest of the relaxation period. Then, I heard her snort in her laughter. That earlier plan went out the window as I had to hold my laughter inside again. We were literally shaking on the ground with the laughter trapped inside.
Needless to say, we didn't get much relaxation done. But it was the funniest yoga session I have ever been to. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment