Saturday, March 12, 2011

The training goes on!

Well, training this week was...interesting.
Monday and Tuesday were normal, just doing my thing, but Wednesday kinda threw me for a loop.
First of all, Wednesdays are my long bike rides. Let's just say they are not my favorite. Anyway, on Wednesday I was incredibly tired. I'm not sure why, but I really had no energy. Still, I put on my shoes and began pedaling away. I made it to about Canyon Glen park when I pretty much collapsed off my bike because I literally had no energy left. I had nothing left to give, and there was no way I could push myself any further.
Looking at the situation, I knew I couldn't keep going, but I didn't want to give up. Still, I made my way home and fell asleep on my parent's couch for a few hours. Now, my parents want me to go to the doctor because they think something is wrong. They said I've been way too tired way too often. The thing is, I've been really trying to make sure I'm not pushing myself beyond the limits. That's why I'm not taking too many classes, and that's why I didn't even try to get a job this semester. Still, with how drained I was, I couldn't argue with them. So, I'm going in for an appointment to see if I'm iron deficient or have issues with my thyroid because of all of the weight loss, but I'm really hoping for the best. I'm halfway through training. And yes, it is only going to get harder from this point on, but I am not going to give up! I won't!!!!
But other than that eventful day, nothing is different here. Same old, same old. One beautiful little fact that I shared with my sister's and friends who had Spring Break this week: I only have 5 weeks of school left!!! hahahahahaha!!! Just over a month, and then I am DONE!
(Although please pray for me this coming week, seeing as I have 3 tests).
Anyway, I hope you all have a wonderful day, night and coming week!

1 comment:

  1. There's a chance that you might also be overtraining. If the doc can't seem to pinpoint a problem, as much as you may not want to, it might be a good idea to stop training for a few days, or even a week, to see if that helps your body recover!

    ReplyDelete