Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Incredible

I had the most amazing thing happen to me today. I was on my way home when I realized that my mom wouldn't even be at home, so instead I went to Walmart to go grocery shopping. Now, as you all know, for the past 20 months I have been working on eating healthier, and being in all of these nutrition and health classes this semester have only cemented in me the importance of a healthy diet. So I picked up my vegetables and beans and brown rice and almond milk and all of that yummy stuff.

Then I went to stand in the checkout line. And I don't know what was going on, but the people at the cash register were taking a long time, so I just was standing around (trying to remind myself once again to learn patience. haha) when the woman in front of me looked at the items I had waiting on the conveyor belt thing and said, "That looks a lot like the food that I usually buy." I told her that my nutrition classes were making me change what I eat. Then we got onto the topic of weight loss and she told me that she has lost over 100 pounds!!! That is so incredible!!! I told her that I had lost about 70 to this point and we proceeded from there to have about a 45-minute discussion about weight loss and helping people and reaching out.

But get this, it gets even better. As we were talking, she told me that she is starting her own weight loss blog program! She's getting it all started and is getting promotions from people and advertising and radio shows. She is just doing so much to get the word out about weight loss and that it doesn't have to be such a hard thing, like our society makes it seem. And guess what?! She wants to interview me for her radio show!!! She normally goes for those who have lost 100 pounds or more, but she says she would like to talk to me because I'm a student and am a different dynamic than she has used before.

Can I just tell you how excited I am?!!!!!!! This is such an incredible opportunity. I have been afraid to talk about my weight loss with other people because I felt ashamed that I was ever that way in the first place, but ever since I switched my major, I've taken on a completely different attitude. I want to talk about it. I want to be an inspiration to people. I want to help change people's lives! And meeting Becky Sampson (that's her name, sorry I forgot to put it in earlier) seems like the golden connection for me. We talked about life coaching and how I can get really involved with her and what she's doing and people on the site can choose what story and circumstance fits them best, and I can meet with people and give them love and support and help and guidance. HELLO!!!! THIS IS MY DREAM!!!!!! That is what I want to do with my life!

Becky and I said over and over again that God knows exactly what we need. She said that she overcame her weight by turning the issue over to God because she couldn't do it by herself, and then she said that she has been meeting people like me all over, and we both knew it was no coincidence! I don't believe coincidences exist. I, over the past hour, have kept thinking "This has got to be too good to be true. These things just don't happen." That's right. They don't. I honestly and truly believe that Heavenly Father had a hand in this. And it's so incredible to me that he would place us in exactly the same spot at the same time. I mean, I was headed home and she only came to buy milk and celery!

Ever since I changed my career path several months ago, I have seen what I wanted to do, had a vision of how I would help people and make their lives so much better, even saving lives (thanks to disease prevention). I just didn't know how to get there. But tonight I really think I found something! I really hope I did! :)

I know this is a really long post, but I'm just so in awe of what has happened tonight and SO excited at the prospects of what could happen! I'm so grateful for a Heavenly Father who is aware of our needs and desires, and can see our potential. He wants us to succeed. He wants to help us help other people! This, my friends, is manifestation of that. :)

1 comment:

  1. Suzy this was such an inspiration to me!! That is SO incredible that you had this experience! What an amazing chance for you to change lives, I am envious. Imagine if you hadn't been doing your best to be close to the Spirit and doing those things the Lord wants you to do, you never would have been blessed with the opportunity to meet that woman. I need to put my life in the Lord's hands like you so that He can bless me too.
    Thank you.
    I love you dear :)

    ReplyDelete