Thursday, September 1, 2011

Welcome Back!

Back to school.....such a dreaded time at the end of summer, but aren't there so many wonderful things about it?.....it makes me want to smell a bouquet of sharpened pencils! (and if anyone can name that movie, I'll be really proud!)
I mean, think about it! There are so many things about the first week of school....
-waking up at 3 am
-taking your dog to the vet because she has a huge lump on her head
-being stopped on campus by the one person you never would have thought wanted to talk to you
-the water heater not working
-then the air conditioning not working
-watching TV programs like "Red Fury" and "Ancestors" and "Wordgirl!"
-learning over 100 anatomy terms (like squamous suture!)
- getting a new awesome roommate (who speaks Italian!!!)
-doing a triathlon
-blazing hot days
-finding the most amazing toffee squares ever!
-seeing lots of old and new friends
......isn't the first week of school just so great?!!!
Wait....you mean not everyone has a first week like this? Hmmm.....I guess I'm not as normal as I thought. I still want to smell a bouquet of sharpened pencils.

No comments:

Post a Comment