Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Influences

So, this may just end up being a rambling post, but this whole topic has been on my mind for...well, pretty much the whole summer. How is it possible that a person can walk into another person's life, influence them in countless ways (or even just a few) and then simply disappear? Sometimes people leave by choice, which can be hard on both ends, believe me. Sometimes they are forced to leave, and sometimes life just takes you in different directions.

This has always been something that is difficult for me. I love people. I love my friends and family, roommates and wardies, and I wish we lived in a world where we could all remain friends, no matter where life takes us, that people didn't have to leave, where you could just keep meeting new people and still keep all of the old ones. But alas, there is not time or energy to maintain contact with every single person you have ever met.

But this is for all of you out there who have made a difference in my life. I hope you know who you are, even though most of you don't even know this blog exists. haha.

"Some people come into our lives and leave footprints on our hearts and we are never ever the same." -Flavia Weedn

No comments:

Post a Comment