Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Luckiest Moment of My Life

Let me tell you a story. So yesterday my friend Jeff and I went to a place called Nickel City to play some arcade games. (Speaking of arcade games, I've decided that they are a Mormon and children's version of gambling, but that's a topic for another day.) Anyway, when I go to an arcade, I don't play the games just to play, like the racing or hunting games or even dance dance revolution. You want to know why? Because you don't get tickets from those games! And what fun is it going to an arcade if you don't get to see how many tickets you can win?
Well, Jeff and I were doing pretty well in the ticket area. We'd won 70 tickets playing Deal or No Deal and we were pretty happy. We were spending our last few tokens on a bouncy ball game.....when we won the Monster Jackpot!!!! Worth 999 tickets! I was jumping up and down because it was so unexpected and I was so excited. And this lady came up to us and said, "Congratulations you guys, I've been trying to get that for the past 3 weeks!" Haha. JACKPOT!!!!
We could barely keep ahold of them all as they kept coming out of the machine and we had to go ask the manager to put more tickets in because it ran out! We ended up with almost 2000 tickets, which I think is a record for me. And I got a cute little teal monkey with my share of the tickets. I still need a name for him though. . . any ideas? Anyway, it was a grand moment in my life. One I'll always remember *sniff sniff*.
Keep smiling. Life is good!

1 comment:

  1. 999 tickets?!?!? at the nickel city! i LOVE that place. i'm so jealous of you right now. and i love the bouncy ball game where you have to drop it in the hole at the right time? love that game.

    ReplyDelete