Sunday, February 26, 2012

Man, lots of changes recently. First of all, my old phone of 4 years finally died....she wouldn't let me into the menu or let me press enter, so I had like 10 text messages that I couldn't read, which was a tad bit frustrating. Anyway, so I have a new phone! I beautiful, fun, way to distracting iPhone. So, I'm having a lot of fun with that...figuring out Siri and the GPS and playing too many games and stuff. haha.
I'm moving!!!! Surprise! Now, before any of you freak out, it's just down the street from where I'm living now, but it will be quite the change: 4 roommates to six, sharing a bathroom with 1 girl to sharing a bathroom with 5 girls (who had the brilliant idea to put only 1 shower in an apartment of 6 girls anyway?!), a new ward, living away for the summer, a large bedroom to a ...not so large bedroom, knowing all of my roommates to not knowing any of my roommates. But it will be a grand adventure!!!
Another exciting thing: some great people in my ward and I have started a dinner group! It's so much fun and I love not having to worry about dinner every night and I actually rather enjoy cooking for people, so double bonus for me. We've been going for a week so far and it's great! You all should try it sometime. :)
Next: my wardrobe. Well...at least some of it. My dear friend Katie and I went shopping the other week and we got me some amazing deals on kind of a new style of clothing for me. And I have to say, I love it! I feel more comfortable and pretty and I just love new clothes in general. :)
And the last...well, it's bittersweet. Friends come and friends go. I've had so much change in this category over the past couple of years, but I guess that's all part of the point of life that I'm in. One thing I have to say I don't like about college is that people move away. Many of the friends that I've made this semester and gotten really close to...they're graduating in two months and moving on with life. I know it's not practical, but I'd like to keep everyone I love in one area! Gr...just one of the frustrations of life I guess. But anyway, it's great to meet new people and have amazing, fun times, but (and I know this sounds cheesy, but you should know me well enough by now to know I'm completely cheesy, so just deal with it) my heart aches when people who I've been friends with for long periods of time just either fade or we just have to go our separate ways. Some of them have been my choice, and some of them have been theirs. It's just hard sometimes, but I guess it's for the best.
But enough complaining from me. The sun is shining, and it's been incredibly warm! My sister and I actually went and got ice cream the other day and just sat outside on the grass. It was wonderful!!!! School is half-way over and then I'll be free for 4 months! Woot! Life really is so great. And it's amazing how much better it is when you are living the Gospel. I'm telling you people: IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE!!!! I'm just super grateful that Heavenly Father has so much patience for me, because I certainly need it. But anyway, have a wonderful day!!!!
P.S. I just got a whole bunch of new assignments for work, so look for new sewing projects coming!!!
PPS. The Vow was kinda disappointing, but I cannot wait for The Lucky One! Have you seen the trailer? My future husband sure does look hot!!! ;)
PPPS. I've discovered I love NCIS.
PPPPS...Boys are confusing. Boys say girls are confusing.....but no, it's the other way around.

No comments:

Post a Comment