Wednesday, January 11, 2012

It begins yet again

School has been in full swing for a week now.
It's weird to be back.
I feel like I should still be going to anatomy lab, working on cadavers and such. Gosh...never thought I'd actually miss it!
But, this semester will be challenging enough without having to do anatomy all over again.
You see....last semester I really started to hate school. And I considered taking a break, never coming back...all of my options pretty much.
After much contemplation and prayer, I decided just to take a couple of classes and keep both of my jobs.
And one of those classes is....physiology.
I walk into the class the first day, see a coworker and sit by her.
Then the professor begins class and tells us that if we have not taken chemistry, we should do ourselves a favor and get out of the class.
My friend and I look at each other. Neither of us has taken chemistry. But, we decide we are going to tough it out, even if we have to study all semester long, all day every day.
I mean, why should we take a super hard class that we don't even need for our major just so we can take yet another super hard class? Doesn't really make sense to me.
Later that afternoon, my friend texts me to tell me she dropped the class.
So I go to the next class. And not only is the professor going so fast through his slides that I can't even get the title written down in my notes, I don't have a clue what he's talking about.
And I'm thinking...crap.....I'm so dead.
Then I see another friendly face and we decide to make a study group. And she says she'll look out for me, which is super nice considering her schedule.
Then I go to lab. More chemistry. And I'm really starting to wonder if I should take chemistry this semester. Then I have a brilliant idea.
Quentin.
He's a super smart, scientific, math-y kind of guy....maybe he'll help me.
His reply: I work for food.
I breathe a sigh of relief. Food I can do.
So maybe, just maybe...a certain divine being knew that I'll be working my butt off for one class...hence the reason I should only take two classes.
But with help from my friends, I'll be okay. :)
I hope your new school years are going well!

No comments:

Post a Comment