Thursday, January 5, 2012

Late coming New Years

Well, we'll see if my computer actually likes me today and lets me post this...well, post.
I cannot believe that it is 2012!!!! 2011 went by so freaking fast! But I love New Years. Really, I do! I love looking back at the last year and seeing how far I've come. When I think of where I was this time last year...well, I was just starting out at BYU, didn't know anyone, wasn't sure of my major, and I hadn't experienced a plethora of things.
I've gotta say, 2011 was a hard year for me. SUPER good, but hard. I lost friends, I discovered medical issues, several of my friends got married, I went yet another year without dating....blah blah blah. But the past is in the past, and although those things were difficult for me to accept (and some still are), they have changed me, shaped me, just as all experiences do.
But I also had so many amazing things happen this year.
-I completed TWO triathlons
-I ran a half marathon
-I had my dream job of working for EFY
-I went on an awesome road trip to Disneyland with my friends
-I saw two of my best friends fall in love
-I started working at Dave's Bernina
-I discovered a love for teaching the Gospel
and so many more things, too many to list or count!
And I am so excited to see what 2012 has in store for me! I can't wait to meet new people in my classes, make new projects for work (I already have about 10 planned, so stay tuned and I'll post pictures!), learn new things, become a better me and grow closer to my Heavenly Father. So although I won't list my resolutions here, I do have them and I LOVE LOVE LOVE setting goals and encourage all of you to do the same. You never know what you can achieve until you set out to achieve it! Here's to an awesome year! Woot!

No comments:

Post a Comment