Sunday, January 23, 2011

Semana tres

Another week down! This week was full of great moments and hard ones as well.

Some of my favorite news for the week: I GOT BIKE SUPPLIES!!! I got my biking shorts (in which I feel TOTALLY weird- spandex all the way I guess. haha), a helmet that semi-matches the color of my swimming cap (now my theme color :) ), biking shoes and pedals. The cool thing about these shoes and pedals is that they clip into each other! That way my legs don't get as tired as fast, and my time will be faster.

I was slightly nervous to try them out because everyone told me that I was going to fall over a few times getting used to the clips because it's hard to get used to clipping in and clipping out at you're stopping. However, knowing me, one fall would probably result in a broken arm and I'd be done with the triathlon. But I haven't fallen yet!

I asked my mom to come on my first bike ride with the new shoes and clips just in case. So on Tuesday we went down the canyon....and about 15 minutes into the ride I realized that I had left my jacket sitting on the couch at home. And let me tell you, that hour-long bike ride ended up being THE COLDEST ride I have ever been on in my life!!!!! It took me about an hour just to return to normal temperature! haha. But it was fun to go with my mom. :)

One of the hard moments came Friday morning at 5:45...time to get up and go swimming. Oh, there was nothing I wanted to do less. I'm still kinda struggling with it, and so let's just say it's not my favorite of the three activities. I did get up and go, but probably only because I couldn't go later that night because I had a date. I'm really hoping my roommate will be able to help me this week, because I really do need it. . .

But happy news, yesterday I ran for 48 minutes straight!!!!!!! I have never ran that long in my life!!! It's so exciting to see my body get more in shape for this race, and see that all of this time is actually doing something.

Next week is the easier week, lightening up the load for my body to take a break I guess. I'm almost at one month! CRAZY! :)

1 comment:

  1. Suzy! That's so awesome that you are doing this! Good for you. Really, that is so inspiring.

    ReplyDelete