Thursday, May 20, 2010

Summer and pillowcases


Well, summer is at last here. I was hoping to be fully busy at work all the day long, making endless amounts of money with my hard work. Alas, this is not the case. I have yet to find a job. Oh, I've had interviews, just no offers. However, I'm trying my best to just stay busy with other things, which includes making lots and lots of pillowcases!!!!!

This summer the quilting community is doing a service project. The goal is to get 1 million pillowcases by the end of the year. I believe that the pillowcases will be going to kids in foster care, since that's what they
put all of their belongings in when they change houses. This thought just breaks my heart, but if I can help in any way then I am going to!

So, if anyone wants instructions on how to make pillowcases (they are SUPER easy), just let me know and I'll be more than happy to help you. And if you do make pillowcases, you can get them to me and I will make sure they get to the right people. I'd love it if anyone could help!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment