Thursday, October 20, 2011

Oh the love of youthful memories

Over the last couple of weeks, my lovely twin Becky and I have been diving into a movie from our youth...the kind of movie I would watch time and time again with my Grandmother and never get tired of it. Unfortunately, in the last decade that I have been growing up and didn't have so much time to spend with my grandmother, I had forgotten how much I loved the shows I used to watch with her.
But, Becky and I are bringing one of those shows back into my life....Anne of Green Gables! Oh my goodness, I am constantly swept away by the romanticism of the whole thing, and the way Anne talks makes me want to write again, and wish that I lived back then!


If you haven't watched Anne of Green Gables in a long time (or ever), you totally should! It is hillarious! Anne is always filled with some dramatic comment or poem. Here's some of Becky's and my favorites:
"Not now Marilla! I'm in the depths of despair!"
"My life is like a perfect graveyard, full of buried hopes."
"I'm absolutely positive that this night will ruin every day life."
"From now on, we shall be secret bosom friends."
"And we would eat ice cream and chicken salad."
"I shall bear this wound forever."

You might not understand how funny these are....which just means you need to watch it!
As of now, Becky and I are about an hour into the 2nd movie, and I am DYING! Because of school and such, we only have weekends to watch, and every day I think about Anne Shirley, and how she needs to acknowledge the fact that she's in love with Gilbert Blythe!!! He is so wonderful and patient with her, always trying to be her friend; even when she is snooty and won't give him the time of day. *sigh* Where's my Gilbert?....ah, well, he'll come someday. haha. But they HAVE to end up together, they just HAVE to!!! AH!
Call me cheesy, weird, quirky, odd or whatever you want about loving and being so excited about this movie. I don't care. I love it! p.s. I'm pretty sure I'm going to the Parachute concert next Friday and I'm STOKED!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment