Thursday, December 30, 2010

Biggest New Year's Resolution!!!!

Okay, so I was sitting there, just quilting my quilt, watching The Biggest Loser, just going along, when on the episode I was watching showed a lot of the former contestants participating in a triathlon. Now, if you can't tell from my earlier posts, I've always wanted to do do a triathlon. And almost a year ago, I did that 2-week triathlon, but a triathlon in one day always seemed so big, something I could only dream of, but never realistically achieve.

However, when I saw the distances that they were doing on the show, it seemed like something I could do with some training! I did some research, talked to someone who has done a triathlon before, and I have come to a decision: I am going to compete in an Olympic-distance triathlon!!!!!

It's official now, I can't take it back, because I'm all signed up for the St. George Triathlon on May 21, 2010!

I am scared out of my mind, because it's going to take a lot of dedication and training, but I know I can do it! This will give me something to work towards, a purpose for exercising. :) I'm so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you have any tips about swimming, running, or biking, please share them! I'll take all the advice I can get! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment