Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Happily Ever After

Recently I heard this new song, "Happily Ever After" by He Is We. Here's just a little bit of the lyrics that have been in my mind a lot, a wonder I guess that I have for myself.

"We all want to know how it ends.

Oh, happily ever after, wouldn't you know, wouldn't you know
Oh, skip to the ending, I'd like to know, I'd like to know
Author of the moment, would you tell me, do I end up, do I end up happy?

Inhale, breathe steady, exhale, like your ready, if you're ready or not.
Just a boy and a girl trying to take on the world, and we wanna get caught.
In the middle of a very happy ending, let's see what we've got, let's give it a shot.
Let's give it a shot.

Oh, happily ever after, wouldn't you know, wouldn't you know
Oh, skip to the ending, I'd like to know, I'd like to know
Author of the moment, would you tell me, do I end up, do I end up happy?"

I guess that everyone in the world has this question: do I end up happy?
I've never been one to have much luck with romance or anything, and while I don't enjoy being alone and I hate it, I have high hopes that one day, there will be someone for me.
However, over the past couple of days this question has been more prevalent in my mind. I have cared a lot about someone for a very long time, but I recently came to the realization that I need to let him go. Not like never speaking to him again, but just to look at him more as a friend. If not to save our friendship, to protect my heart.
So, what it boils down to is my continued hope that I will someday be happy, loved and loving a wonderful man who I can build a family with, raising them in the Gospel, and be with for eternity.

No comments:

Post a Comment