Thursday, June 7, 2012

Week One

Sorry it's taken more than a week to post the results of my first week back on track. I've been recording everything that I eat and I've started training for another half-marathon with my sister in law. My goal is to not hate this one. haha. And guess what my friends? 2.4 pounds gone!!!!! Yay! 
I'm halfway through the dreaded week two, and I'm still going on strong! I have been thinking about everything a lot, and although it's hard, I'm always so much happier when I'm living this way. And you know what? It doesn't mean that I can't ever eat chips or ice cream, because I can. I just have to eat them in a smart way, which is not very often. I've been using this app on my phone called My Fitness Pal, which was free (AWESOME!), and it's been a big help. I know that it's hard to count calories and watch everything that you are eating, but it's been a lot easier because I always have my phone with me, so I can enter it right there. 
Have any of you heard of Extreme Makeover: Weight Loss Edition? Well, all of the extreme makeover shows are just great, but seriously, if you haven't seen this show, you should! It is so inspiring! I feel like a crybaby every single episode haha. What I wouldn't give to be an intern for Chris Powell....seriously!!!! I started out wanting to be like Jillian Michaels on the Biggest Loser, but Extreme Makeover has one thing that Biggest Loser doesn't- no competition. I LOVE that! Weight loss is not a competition, it's an individual thing. So although I totally love the Biggest Loser, I love Extreme Makeover even more. :) 
So here's to finishing off week two strong!

1 comment: