Friday, May 27, 2011

Onto the next chapter

















I know I'm long overdue in this post since I promised it to you guys last weekend, but it has been one crazy week!


But hey! The triathlon is over, which I am pretty sad about. I was so excited to be able to do whatever I wanted, but I miss having something to look forward to, to work towards. Which is why I'm making new plans, although I'm not going to reveal them to you until they are set. I know, I can be cruel.


Anyway, the triathlon went so so so well!!!! I had a fun trip with my mom, and two of my best friends. I didn't sleep hardly any the night before the race, which was kind of expected, but I wasn't tired thankfully, probably because I was so full of anticipation!


My mom was freaking out while I was in the water, but that actually ended up being the easiest part for me! Maybe it was because I was fresh and ready to go, or it was the smallest distance, but it was surprisingly easy.
The biking was the hardest, which is totally opposite of what I would have thought!!! There was this HUGE hill though, so that's a big explanation for it. But I didn't stop, even when the 65-70 year old ladies passed me up. haha.


Running was a lot easier than I thought it would be. It was relaxing. I set a pace and I just went for it. I even met a new friend on the run- and she even goes to BYU! I thought that was pretty cool. I finished off strong and accomplished this goal that seemed so impossible! Hooray!!!! My time was 3 hours, 10 minutes and 21.1 seconds...not too shabby if you ask me! ;)


The great part was I wasn't even sore the next day! Everyone says it's because I trained so well and was prepared, so it wasn't really pushing my body to do anything new. I would have to say though, that WHEN (not if) I do my next triathlon, I want to be faster. I want to beat 3 hours!!!!...or even take of 5 or 7 minutes, getting closer to 3 hours. haha


But thank you everyone for all of your support! I had so much fun doing this and am sure I will be doing other ones in the future! :)



1 comment: