Saturday, April 9, 2011

Update

I know it's been a long time since my last training post. It's been kind of a roller coaster ride with it all. But I am so happy to say that I just finished my first week of the highest point of my training!!! I don't have to increase my times anymore! I maintain next week and then drop of for the 4th week, then it's back up to the peak, and then I begin tapering for my race. It's still over a month away, but it's finally coming up!!!!!! I cannot wait! :)

I've been trying to shake up my training a little bit because I've been getting bored (wouldn't you, after doing the same thing over and over for 3 months?), so I changed up the days, changed my locations as best that I could and went at different times. With swimming, there's only so much I can change since the BYU pool is only open to the public in the early mornings and late nights. But I was able to go running with Mak this week....and let me tell you, she runs a tough trail! Keeping up with her speed (and she was going slower because she's sick) was hard, but then she surprised me by leading me up a mile long hill! When I saw the hill I was sure I wouldn't be able to do it, but I guess the fact that I did run up the whole thing without stopping just shows how far I have come. :) My long bike ride this week was THE LONGEST 2 1/2 hours I've ever spent in my life. The weather has been pretty stupid all week, so I had to ride inside and there is nothing more boring than sitting on one of those bikes for 155 minutes. haha. I ran my 77 minutes today in the snow. When I went out it was only softly floating down, but by the time I reached my parent's neighborhood, it was like pouring snow. I think I must have had like 4 inches of ice on top of my head when I walked in the door. haha. But it was a good run. :)

Anyway, I'm just super excited that I've finally made it to this point. I'm on the countdown for the race!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment