Sunday, April 24, 2011

Keeping Perspective

It's so interesting to me how it is so easy to get caught up in the little everyday dramas and tasks and how if things seem to be going wrong, the world feels like it is going to end. Unfortunately, I allow myself to get into this thought process quite often, something I really need to work on. However, in this beautiful season of Easter, pondering on the Savior's atonement and the reason we are on this earth to begin with, none of those little things matter. Yes, they do matter in this life, but they won't in the next life, and that's what we're sent here to earth to work towards. A calming reminder is that God is in control, and everything is as it should be. He knows us, our circumstances, our goals, dreams, hopes, sorrows. He knows them all; and he knows what we need to grow to be the best we can be.

Here's a few things that I know I want in life, keeping perspective on the eternal scheme of things.
I want to be married here, in the beautiful Manti Temple, for time and all eternity.

I want one of these: my own family.

I want to help change the world (or even one person's life) for the better.

I want to be happy.

Really, when it gets down to it, that's all I want out of life. I know it might be an odd way of connecting it, but all of that is possible thanks to our Brother, who gave Himself for us. He suffered the ultimate pain, because He wanted us to be able to have all of these things. He wants us to be happy, to be loved, to have families. He wants us to come to Him, because through Him, anything can happen. I know that to be true. Happy Easter everyone! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment